Course aims & objectives
Functions as defined in IATA's 'Dangerous Goods Training Guidance': Function 7.6 - Planning of Aircraft Loading, Function 7.7 - Flight Crew, and Function 7.8 - Flight Operations Officers and Flight Dispatchers
On completion of this course, please contact us to obtain your function related certificate. Email us at email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)20 8831 0724
The Dangerous Goods Category 10 course is specifically designed to provide flight crew and load planners with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods, including their potential hazards and the regulations governing their transport by air. The course aims to equip participants with the necessary skills to identify shipments containing dangerous goods based on labeling, marking, and other indications, ensuring they can handle them correctly and ensure the safety of the flight.
Throughout the course, participants will cover a range of modules that contribute to their overall understanding of dangerous goods transportation:
1. General awareness, objectives, and organizations: Participants will gain an overview of the importance of general awareness regarding dangerous goods, the objectives of the training, and the relevant organizations and governing bodies involved in their transportation.
2. Legal responsibilities: This module provides participants with an in-depth understanding of the legal obligations and responsibilities associated with the transport of dangerous goods by air.
3. Classification of Dangerous Goods: Participants will learn about the classification system used to categorize different types of dangerous goods based on their inherent hazards.
4. Dangerous Goods allowances: This module covers the specific allowances and restrictions regarding quantities and packaging requirements for different types of dangerous goods.
5. Marking, labeling, and packing specifications: Participants will familiarize themselves with the proper marking, labeling, and packing specifications necessary for the safe transportation of dangerous goods.
6. The Dangerous Goods declaration: This module focuses on the completion and submission of the Dangerous Goods declaration, which contains crucial information about the shipment.
7. Acceptance and inspection: Participants will learn the procedures and protocols involved in accepting and inspecting shipments of dangerous goods.
8. Segregation and loading: This module emphasizes the importance of segregating incompatible dangerous goods and the proper loading techniques required to prevent potential hazards.
9. Provision of information and retention of documentation: Participants will understand the significance of providing accurate information and maintaining necessary documentation throughout the transportation process.
10. Dangerous Goods safety: The safety module highlights the overall safety aspects associated with handling and transporting dangerous goods.
11. Identification: This additional module specifically focuses on the identification of dangerous goods, providing participants with practical knowledge and skills to recognize shipments containing dangerous goods accurately.
By successfully completing the Dangerous Goods Category 10 course, flight crew and load planners will possess the knowledge, skills, and awareness necessary to identify and detect dangerous goods in baggage or general cargo. This training ensures the safety and security of air transportation systems by equipping participants with the ability to identify potential risks associated with dangerous goods and handle them correctly. Participants will play a crucial role in maintaining the highest standards of safety and compliance in the aviation industry, promoting the well-being of passengers, crew, and the overall integrity of flight operations.