Course aims & objectives
For individuals who have already completed CO Warehouse (or equivalent) and whose work function now includes Screening by Visual Check, by Hand Search, By ETD, and by X-Ray, as per the function matrix.
Module 9B - Prohibited Article and Concealments for Screeners
Module 10 - Visual Check
Module 11 - Hand Searching
Module 12 - Explosive Trace Detection (ETD)
Module 13 - Screening using X-ray Equipment (inc. Explosive Detection Systems [EDS] and Computer Tomography [CT])
Module 14 - Threat Image Projection (TIP)
Course Aims and Objectives:
- To ensure that trainees understand the background to the screening of cargo and mail and are able to respond appropriately to the discovery of prohibited articles. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure trainees are able to carry out an effective visual check of cargo. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees are able to carry out an effective hand search of cargo. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees are able to screen effectively by ETD. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees are able to operate x-ray equipment to a standard which allows them to detect prohibited articles reliably. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees know the concept of threat image projection and are proficient in its use.
Elevate your expertise with our Cargo Screener Upgrade Course. Tailored for those who've completed CO Warehouse (or equivalent), this advanced program expands your capabilities to encompass Visual Check, Hand Search, ETD, and X-Ray screening, aligned with the function matrix.
Unveil the realm of cargo and mail screening through meticulously designed modules, including Prohibited Article and Concealments, Visual Check, Hand Searching, ETD, and X-ray Equipment. Each module is enriched with practical sessions to ensure hands-on mastery.
Our objectives are clear - empower you to respond adeptly to prohibited articles, conduct comprehensive visual checks, execute thorough hand searches, proficiently use ETD, operate X-ray equipment effectively, and grasp the concept of threat image projection.
Embark on this upgrade journey, refining your screening finesse and fortifying your cargo and mail security prowess.