For individuals whose work functions include Responsibility for Local Implementation of the NASP (Site Security Representative) and Screening by Hand Search, as per the function matrix.
Managers must complete all modules relating to the function of person they are supervising, in addition to the core modules indicated in the function matrix.
If your organisation requires SeMS support, please contact us and we can discuss our consultancy and support options for your and your business
Module 1 - The Threat to Aviation
Module 2 - Security in the Aviation Industry
Module 3 - The Trainees Role
Module 6 - Overview of Cargo and Mail
Module 8 - Acceptance and Dispatch of Cargo and Mail
Module 9B - Prohibited Article and Concealments for Screeners
Module 10 - Visual Check
Module 11 - Hand Searching
Module 21 - Local Managers
For Classroom Courses, Additional screening modules and methods can be covered in class if required – please contact us on booking to confirm which screening elements you need.
Course Aims and Objectives:
- To ensure that trainees know the threat to the aviation industry
- To ensure that trainees understand the organisation of aviation security and the role they play to contribute to security.
- To ensure that trainees understand what they must do to establish a robust and resilient aviation security culture.
- To ensure that trainees understand the nature of cargo and mail.
- To ensure that trainees understand the requirements for the acceptance and dispatch of secure air cargo and mail.
- To ensure that trainees understand the background to the screening of cargo and mail and are able to respond appropriately to the discovery of prohibited articles. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure trainees are able to carry out an effective visual check of cargo. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees are able to carry out an effective hand search of cargo. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees understand their responsibilities for implementing an Aviation Security Programme at a local level